|Beam Loading - P3301|
|Max Allow. Uniform Load
|Deflection at Uniform Load
|Uniform Loading at Deflection||Lateral Bracing Reduction Factor|
- Product dimensions are 1 5/8" wide x 1 3/4" tall x 12 ga. thick, solid.
- Punched holes are also available for ease of installation
- This profile is used mainly for electrical applications because of its low profile and lower load carrying capacity
- Often, a deeper profile overshoots the load capacity needs of the project.
- Our P3301 is available in the following finishes: Pre-Galvanized (PG), Unistrut Defender (DF), Hot-Dip Galvanized (HG), Plain (PL), Green (GR), Zinc Dichromate (ZD), Stainless Steel (SS or ST) and Aluminum (EA).
- Made in the USA
|Column Loading - P3301|
Load at Slot Face
|Max Column Load Applied at C.G.|
|K=0.65 (lbs)||K=0.80 (lbs)||K=1.0 (lbs)||K=1.2 (lbs)|
Elements of Section
|Elements of Section - P3301|
|Area of Section||0.790 in2 (5.1 cm2)|
|Axis 1-1||Axix 2-2|
|Moment of Inertia (I)||0.176 in4 (7.3 cm4)||0.285 in4 (11.9 cm4)|
|Section Modulus (S)||0.201 in3 (3.3 cm3)||0.351 in3 (5.8 cm3)|
|Radius of Gyration (r)||0.472 in (1.2 cm)||0.601 in (1.5 cm)|
- 10 feet: 10' or 10’ 1/8” (3.05m) ± 1/8" (3 mm)
- 20 feet: 20' or 20’ 3/8” (6.11m) ± 1/8" (3 mm)
- Available with a tolerance of ±1/8" (3 mm). Request quote.
- Many Unistrut channel sections can be supplied with a curve. Click here for our ordering form, specifications, and instructions.
- All beam and column load data pertains to carbon steel and stainless steel channels.
- Load tables apply only to UNISTRUT brand channel. Look for "UNISTRUT" on the product.
- Load tables and charts are constructed to be in accordance with the SPECIFICATION FOR THE DESIGN OF COLD-FORMED STEEL STRUCTURAL MEMBERS 2007 EDITION published by the AMERICAN IRON AND STEEL INSTITUTE USING ASD METHOD.
- Loads are based on 33 ksi steel cold formed to 42 ksi.
- Safety Factor to Yield Strength is 1.67 for Beam Loads and 1.80 for Column Loads.
- Beam loads are based on a simple beam and are given as a total uniform load (W) in pounds. For proper calculation procedures, refer to our Beam Load Calculation Guide under Resources.
- For bearing loads, reference our bearing loads page.
- Welded channels are spot welded 2" (51 mm) or 3" (76 mm) on-center.
Materials & Finishes
Materials & Finishes - Standard:
- Pregalvanized (PG): Conforms to ASTM A653 SS GR 33, G90.
- Unistrut Defender (DF): Conforms to ASTM A1046 SS GR 33
- Hot Dip Galvanized (HG): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM A123
- Perma-Green (GR): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, E-Coat finish
- Perma-Gold (ZD): Steel conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33, Finish conforms to ASTM B633, Type II SC3
- Plain (PL): Conforms to ASTM A1011 SS GR 33
- Stainless Steel, Type 304 (SS): ASTM A240, Type 304 *
- Stainless Steel, Type 316 (ST): ASTM A240, Type 316 *
- Aluminum (EA): ASTM B221, Type 6063-T6 (Extruded) *
* These materials have different physical properties and performance characteristics. Please contact us for design support.